Mesothelioma research network terms of membership
Please read the below terms of membership for the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership’s Mesothelioma Research Network (MRN).
The MRN will provide opportunities for increased connection with other researchers and research support organisations worldwide. We provide a UK-based research meeting as well as a chance to access funding (exclusive to researchers and health care professionals in the MRN).
The administration and logistics support for the MRN will be provided by the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership. If you have questions, comments or complaints email the MRN administration team via [email protected].
As a researcher or clinician, you join as an individual member and not on behalf of the institution you work in.
Improve outcomes for people affected by mesothelioma by bringing together researchers, driving research progress and improving the quality of research.
By joining the MRN you agree:
- To receive communications about the MRN via from the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership by email and phone. Including but not limited to, a monthly news email and a prompt email to keep your member profile up-to-date.
- That Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership may contact you about other research-related activity outside of the MRN but considered to be relevant to you as a researcher, such as funding calls, scientific/medical conferences or related initiatives.
- That the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership and other MRN members may contact you, by email or phone, about the information you have shared within the MRN.
- Upon joining the MRN you will complete an online profile detailing your research priorities, skills, knowledge and resources to share on the MRN website.
- Information you share in your member profile on the MRN member website will be visible to other members.
- You will only share information you feel comfortable for the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership and other MRN members to have access to.
- Not to disclose, outside the MRN, information you have received from within it unless you have the permission of the person who provided the information and the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership.
- Information that is potentially commercially sensitive should not be discussed in the MRN or communicated through MRN channels.
- To respond to requests from the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership to update your member information in a timely manner.
- To notify the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership and update your MRN member profile on the MRN website if your contact information, role or institute changes.
- To notify the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership and update your MRN member profile on the MRN website if you move from the NHS (or equivalent) or an academic institution to a commercial organisation.
- To notify the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership if there is a change in funding for your role from non-commercial to commercial sources. This information can be upated in your MRN member profile on the MRN member website (but it is only visible to the MRN administration team, not other members.
Values and behaviours
- Embody the values of the MRN by acting in an open, fair and transparent manner.
Termination of membership
- You have the right to terminate your membership at any point by writing to the MRN administration team via [email protected]
- The Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership reserves the right to terminate your membership if, after consultation with the senior staff, it believes there is a reputational risk to the charity of your continuing membership of the MRN.
How the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership will manage your data
We agree to:
- Keep your information for up to one year after you leave the Network. After which it will be deleted.
- Make every effort to keep your data up-to-date by asking you to check what we hold periodically, but we also rely on you notifying us of any major changes (for example, changes to your contact details or if you change roles).
The data we hold on you in relation to the MRN can be seen by you at any time.