About the MRN
We've set up the Mesothelioma Research Network (MRN) to bring together researchers working on mesothelioma.
By doing so we hope to support more collaboration in research and to bring even more funding in. This will accelerate the timeline for new treatments reaching people with mesothelioma.
The MRN is generously funded by the
What does the MRN do?
- brings researchers working in mesothelioma together to share knowledge, skills and resources between them
- helps researchers stay in touch with what mesothelioma research is happening globally
- encourages research investment in mesothelioma
- attracts and keeps the interest of researchers in this field
- encourages collaboration to maximise impact from funding allocated and reduce wastage
- encourages an ongoing conversation about mesothelioma research priorities to inform the funding strategies of the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership and other funders
- brings MesobanK - a collection of useful samples from people with mesothelioma - to researchers
Why should I join the MRN?
Researchers who join the MRN will be able to:
- connect with other basic/translational and clinical researchers in mesothelioma
- keep in touch with what mesothelioma research is going on around the globe
- attend UK-based scientific meetings that focus on mesothelioma
- learn from others who are part of the MRN
- open up chances for research collaboration
Who can join the network?
We welcome members worldwide from the following groups:
- Basic, translational and clinical researchers at any point of their career, from the earliest stage through to senior and established researchers
- We encourage health care professionals that are based in secondary care and who see mesothelioma patients regularly to join the MRN. This way you can keep in touch with ongoing clinical research that may benefit your patients
- Most of our members work at academic institutes or in the National Health Service (or non-UK equivalent). While we recognise the important role of industry in pushing forward research progress, those that work wholly in commercial settings are admitted at the MRN’s discretion
- Research support organisations that directly assist mesothelioma researchers can join the MRN. This can include funders of mesothelioma research that usually spend more than £25,000 a year
The views of patients and carers are fed into the project by their representation on the Steering Group responsible for overseeing the MRN. However, the network itself is aimed at researchers and health care professionals.
To join as an individual researcher or health care professional member:
To join as a Research support organisation member please email [email protected] with the name of the organisation and we will ask for some more information before we process your membership.